What is Zinga?
Authorised Dealer for John Galt Zinga Technologies
Zinga was originally invented in Ghent University, Belgium, in the 1970’s and has since been used in a wide variety of projects throughout the world.
Zinga is a unique form of corrosion protection because it provides both Active and Passive protection in a form that’s as easy to apply as a paint…
BUT… Zinga is not a paint!
Zinga is an active zinc performance coating which works in conjunction with the metal beneath where as paints are only passive barriers. Regardless of how thick paints are applied, they remain as barriers. Once they are breached corrosion sets in immediately. Despite this significant difference Zinga is still often mistaken for a paint simply because it’s liquid and comes in a tin. But there are other more subtle differences. For example it does not “skin over” in the tin because Zinga has an unlimited pot-life and it doesn’t go “tacky” like a paint.
- Can protect longer than hot-dip galvanising (at the same dft)
- Can be applied on site
- Can be used to re-coat existing galvanising
- Existing layers of Zinga can be re-coated
- Excellent primer in Duplex system
- Good resistance to mechanical abrasion
- Excellent adhesion
- Extremely flexible
- Can be applied in extreme temperatures
- Weldable to X-ray quality
- Certified to not spread flame or create smoke (BS476 parts 6&7)
- Unlimited shelf-life and unlimited pot-life